Monday, May 4, 2009

Week FIVE Preview and Assorted Notes

This week is bound to be a good, as it's Kei v. Jenni and Robot Pukolis v. Robot Zizek. Joe and Mordecai, can you think of something that you have in common with your opponents?

In attempting to explain the good-vibe-matchup between Kei and I earlier this morning, I tried to use the phrase, "Ladies over Gradys," but it got rejected as, "not a saying." I don't know...it makes PERFECT sense to me.

I've been thinking of doing a little number crunching in my spare time...perhaps to calculate essential stats like OLDEST and FATTEST team. Or maybe do the reverse-Joe and recap each week's WORST performers.

Also, this may be of interest: the dudes who do ESPN's Fantasy Baseball podcast have been trying to think of a term for when one of your player's teams does really well while he, personally, does big fat jack nothing. Like, for example, when the Yankees beat Detroit 11-0 last week but Teixera went 0/4. The best suggestions so far have been, "Miss Piggy," "Phantom Menace," and "Fantasy Goat." There have also been many 90s TV show references, like "Kimmy Gibler" and "Andrea Zuckerman," which aren't as satisfying, for whatever reasons.

Personally, I'm partial to "Phantom Menace," but I also like the sound of "Miss Piggy" for a player that just BOMBED for no reason. As in, "Grady Sizemore really Miss Piggied it against the Red Sox last week."

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Is this the ESPN: Fantasy Focus Baseball podcast, available on iTunes? I must subscribe!

    Also, to note a correction, CHUTLEY is up against Robot Pukolis. But Robot Zizek is up against Robot arbitup. I think there will have to be an exposee on the manager of arbitup...coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe and I are battling valiantly for the 6th playoff spot. It may only be week 5, but with a league of killer robots and female-managed merciless juggernauts, a week of Jose Reyes going 1/21 could destroy you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mordo only you think we are battling for 6th playoff spot

    im riding the greinke express straight to the top
    eyes on the bye week now

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yes
    im a fan of 'phantom menace' myself

    ReplyDelete