Thursday, May 7, 2009

05/07/2009 commentary?

I've been thinking for about an hour about how to handle this, perhaps there should be a daily post where we could leave ongoing fantasy commentary as the games occur. The main thing I wanted to mention was Boston's sixth inning tonight, where they had 12 straight guys reach base without recording an out. That's pretty nuts. Unfortunately they had decided to replace BIG PAPI at DH with Julio Lugo, the master of the crotch grab. But yeah, since Ortiz is on my bench, this doesn't really belong in my Yahoo! matchup page or in general smack talk. Normally I would message Kei through AIM but currently she's in attendance at Mark Buehrle's one shutout of the year.

Any takers?

7 comments:

  1. 110 pitches?
    he couldve finished the job

    ReplyDelete
  2. YANKEES CAN'T WIN. My team is a wagon barreling downhill with three wheels fallen off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be happy to see fantasy commentary on this blog as games occur, even if I see them later on.

    I was checking scores for other games during the White Sox game, and noticed that Pena hit his 13th home run of the season. Immediate questions in my mind were: How long is this going to continue? And he is on female fertility drugs, too? That's my own fantasy commentary for 5/7/09. More on "oh-fors" (sp?) in another post, dedicated to both Ladies Love Us and The Poppersteins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch
    just looking for yanks upcoming schedule
    and happened upon their team page on yahoo

    B. Bruney
    #38, Relief Pitcher
    Leads team with 2 Wins

    seriously???

    arod return friday
    im forced to root for him because i have him in another league
    so i say a 30 game save streak begins tomorrow
    err today

    i fear the orioles lineup
    but guthrie is thoroughly a mediocre pitcher
    somethings got to give

    someone also has to expose the blue jays rotation
    outside of doc halladay
    although scott richmond and ricky romero might be the real deal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Manny wore his uniform so loose because underneath, he was beginning to look like a woman. I shudder at the thought and apologize for bringing it into a public forum.

    Yankees are due. I'm going to view their amazing losing streak as the universe conspiring in favor of mass cultural forgiveness of A-Rod's idiocy.

    Does that mean that Bruney is back from the DL? If so, THANK GOD.

    ReplyDelete