Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Conflict of Interest, 5/12 Night Commentary

Although Swisher's on my bench and Jeter's on Girardi's, I still have a few uncomfortably contradictory investments in tonight's Yankees-Blue Jays game. Halladay v. Burnett, Cano and Lind. I think this is the first time I've had Fantasy pitchers go against each other, so far.

At times like this, I have to remind myself that I am a real-life Yankees fan, first and a Fantasy manager, second.

I also have baby-faced Clayton Kershaw pitching for my real-life second favorite team.

So, NOBODY WALK ANYBODY AND EVERYONE THROW STRIKES.

Lots of big games tonight! Good luck, all!

5 comments:

  1. We saw Ortiz getting hit by a pitch. It was so sad to see, especially since this was a big moment to hit a grand slam! I hope his hand & wrist are OK.

    I can't wait to hear Peter & Eric is it? talk about the Yankees and Toronto game tomorrow on ESPN Baseball Today. I imagine it will be the big topic of the day after Eric was called a moron for giving Toronto some props for their work so far this season. To the emailer's credit, Eric does sound kind of like a moron, or at least obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Papi to do well. The Red Sox radio announcers kept talking about how sad he looks in TV shots of him sitting in the dugout (why are they watching TV in the radio broadcast booth?). RALLLLLLLLLLLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of me wanted the cubs to lose to Peavy last night, but then they smoked him, probably a sign that i too should put real life loyalty to the cubs before fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peavy was a strikeout viper last night! Can't confirm at the moment because StatTracker is busted again, but I think he equaled all three of my starters.

    ReplyDelete