Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Photos of the Day: 5/20/09

Empty LandShark Stadium at the beginning of Game 1 against the Diamondbacks. No one in Miami cares to see Hanley?! Or Jorgie?!

Noooo, SS Choo sinks

Don't chew tobacco when you field, chew gum!

Another gum lover, David Wright

Every time Phillips gets on base, it looks like he does a little dance. There should be a video montage documenting this tendency.

Congrats to Big Papi; sorry to Joe who benched him for the first time this season in another league. Pedroia looks like a very small child here.

When I first saw that Matthew McConaughey threw the ceremonial pitch at the Mets vs. Dodgers game, I thought "Oh God, he's just promoting some awful movie, this man needs to retire." But then I looked at his hat, and I'm pretty sure it's a reference to a famous line from one of his earlier roles in "Dazed and Confused": "Just keep on livin'...L-I-V-I-N." He was a big sleazeball in that movie, and I thought it suited him so well. I'm not sure what that logo is though; I may be wrong. But if I'm right, I cannot hate on the man.

2 comments:

  1. Are those seats orange or red? Either way, I do NOT approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the great thing about these blog posts? I keep getting older, but they stay the same age...

    ReplyDelete