Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5/13/09 Commentary (Starting off with Popperstein biases)

Detroit vs. Twins

Not Fantasy-related, but Dontrelle Willis returns to the mound! I have no interests in the Twinkies (nickname courtesy of "Hawk," the TV announcer for the White Sox) so I hope, for Fantasy purposes and real-life purposes (are they really separable?) that Dontrelle gets past the 5th inning and some run support.

Okay, he made it to 4.2 innings pitched, Leyland just took the ball out of his hand. GO DONTRELLE!

Okay, as I write, Inge just homered and the game is now 5-4 in the sixth inning. Inge is benched for me, but IT'S TO SUPPORT DONTRELLE even if he doesn't get the win! I don't know why I'm madly rooting for the Tigers, and it doesn't make sense since they're White Sox division opponents, but WHATEVER.

Yankees vs. Bluejays

As usual, Scutaro starts things off for the Bluejays by walking. He's really good at this; my Yahoo! note on him says he leads the league in walks right now, or something like that. The Yankees seem to be taking advantage of Mr. Halladay no longer pitching, as they lead 8-2 now.

Brewers vs. Marlins

Jorge is on my bench (I still insist, as a mere observation, that he reminds me of Robert Redford in both complexion and eyes), but he matters with respect to Hit By Pitch's Hanley if Hanley doesn't homer every time he goes up to bat. The Brewers seem to be on fire, and here they are again, leading 8-4 in the fifth inning. Princey has no double homeruns (yet) but he has so far had a hit and 2RBI. Thank you sir.

Okay, the Marlins are creeping up, it's now 8-7, Brewers.

Reds vs. Diamonbacks

Cueto pitches, with real-life teammate/fantasy-opponent Brandon Phillips backing him up. Phillips' real-life opponent but Fantasy-teammate is Felipe Lopez, but they don't seem to be aware in real life:

It looks like Phillips is in the midst of clapping his hands (I like how both feet are on the base, so as to elevate himself) and Lopez is in the midst of shaking his head.

Alright I have no volition to go on with the other games, I suspect everyone is paying attention to their own interests. Good luck to all.

14 comments:

  1. that shouldve been an ADAM JONES homerun in the 9th of rays/orioles

    hopefully hes not out for the rest of the week
    as the ludwick dl stint hurts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Tigers vs. Twins game is insane. The radio announcers are going berserk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah, I just tuned into baseball for the evening and that Tigers v. Twins game IS insane. I'm listening on the radio even though I don't have anyone playing in it.

    Listening to other team's radio commentators has made me realize-- eternal love for John Sterling aside-- how not excellent the Yankees duo is. The Dodgers AND Red Sox broadcasts are so much more informative. Or maybe I just feel that way because I already know almost everything about the 2009 Yankees and don't know anything about the Red Sox/Dodgers. Hmm. Will have to think on this a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that this is called live-blogging. Unfortunately I was in the shower when Granderson scored. CHRIST ALMIGHTY, IF THEY BRING NATE ROBERTSON IN, I WILL STOP LISTENING!!!!!!!

    BASES LOADED!!!!! I'M GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE JOE CREDE MORE THAN EVER I HOPE HIS BACK BURSTS INTO FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

    ReplyDelete
  6. EPIC ENDING. Wow. Walk-off homers are the theme of this week.

    Sorry about the Tigers, Kei, but your Fantasy Team still came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for following that insanity with me Jenni. I'm so exhausted I'm going to pass out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. huh what even happened? ps its raining sideways

    ReplyDelete
  9. MINNESOTA JOES TRIUMPH

    kei i bet youll find at least an autograph
    of at least one non-mauer/morneau minnesota twin
    that did something in the game
    in the 12 you should be getting in that stadium club box

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking at checklist
    i take that lie back

    from last nights game
    morneaus in triumvirate set
    beam team possibilities are
    matt tolbert
    jesse crain
    glen perkins

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a morning comment, but Joe Torre is on Baseball Today. Peter v. Joe. This should be classic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, can't wait to hear Baseball Today!

    No Joe, I'm pretty sure this box is going to give me some disappointing/hilarious inserts, Twins and Gregor Blancos and all.

    MAGGLIO SHOULD HAVE PITCHED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swisher should become a free agent that pitches innings for any team that has emptied its bullpen in extra innings. 0 ERA! Beat that.

    ReplyDelete