Friday, May 8, 2009

Against All Odds, Casey Blake Saving Ladies Love Us

Casey Blake has heretofore been known, at his worst, as "Most Likely to Strike Out" (see below) or alternately, "Most Likely to Walk and Then Get Batted In by Manny Ramirez" at his near-best. But I love him (and I don't have any viable way of removing him from my lineup), so on we go together, through bad times and mediocre times and really, really bad times.


This week, though, Casey Blake is saving the Ladies Love Us batting average from sinking below .200! Look at those non-contributing Yankees! Nick Swisher COULD NOT BE WORSE! I would have been better off starting GRIFFEY.

Anyway, although he failed to save the Dodgers' winning streak, Casey Blake really killed it tonight. Look at him almost mauling the Natinal's catcher as he slides into home plate.



He looks like a Mortal Kombat character. IOWA PRIDE! Love it.

The Dodgers are my second favorite baseball team and I have to say that it was really sad to see them lose tonight. It sucks that tomorrow morning everyone will be speculating about how bad they're going to get without Manny Ramirez. But whatever, haters can hate...the Dodgers will be fine. And Casey, even if you don't get another hit this week, I promise not to make another joke about how bad you are until next Monday.

xx

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that Casey Blake recently trimmed his beard...and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha
    i cant even fathom the action that these photos portray
    in video form
    it almost seems to me that the catcher wouldve been bowled over first by someone charging home plate from the mound
    and then casey comes around

    actually flores might be a servicable catcher
    allowing you to slide sandoval (beast) to 3b

    there seems to be a lot of 3rd/4th year catchers doing well so far this year
    some of them have to be legitimate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just imagine Vin Scully yelling "FINISH HIM" and Casey Blake being like, "Nah, I'm not going to rip his head off and steal his soul." Iowans are humane like that.

    You're right that I should just dump Varitek for another catcher and move Sandoval over to 3B, but the problem is that none of the FA's have as much character as Varitek and I'm already worried about the level of personal detachment I feel towards some of my team (both Adams, for example). This is probably why I am destined never to be an effective Fantasy player.

    Liking Adam Dunn a bit more after last night, though. He looks a little like Seth Rogen. Apparently, I'm not the only person who thinks this:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espnman/story?id=3347817

    ReplyDelete