Saturday, May 23, 2009

Maybe This is Bad Karma...

...but Jonathan Papelbon blew his first save tonight. GOOD, GOOD, GOOD. I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM SO MUCH.

In other news, Tampa is killing Florida (again). Grady Sizemore is going hitless (again, although admittedly he seemed to be breaking out of his slump yesterday. Nope. Not yet. But someday.... I believe). The Yankees won (again...okay, fine. They didn't win yesterday, but they've been winning a lot this week).

I'm watching the Dodgers-Angels game. John Lackey is as ugly as always. Juan Pierre wears his hat funny. And Vin Scully is AMAZING. He talked for five minutes about John Lackey flunking high school algebra. How does he know that?!

Oops. Randy Wolf just gave up a home run. BOOOOO. This is probably what I get for being so smugly satisfied about J. Pap. WHATEVER. HATERS MUST HATE.

3 comments:

  1. With due respect to the mighty Hit By Pitch, I also hate Papelbon. I should check to see if there are pictures of his loss.

    This weekend I spent a significant amount of time with people who don't pay any attention to baseball, that is I had real-life obligations. All I had was my iPhone to follow scores and not much else. It was very weird. But I did save lots of pictures so even though I'm behind, there will be a three-day Photos of the Day post today!

    BTW GO LADIES LOVE US! ARBITUP TAKEDOWN INDEED. Ladies Love Us and The Poppersteins need to be up in the rankings, nagging Hit By Pitch here and there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kei! Here's to lady managers, as well. We bring the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not gonna lie, im not too fond of papelbon myself considering hes nearly blown half of his saves already. and with the mexicutioner just chillin on the DL for what seems to be an eternity, and toronto being incapable of winning a game lately, papelbon is all i can depend on for a save here and there. so yeah i take no offense on the pap-smearing.

    haha i just wanted to work that in there somehow.

    also it looks like the manager biographies could be the next "sports illustrated cover curse" as both the zone and arbitup were destroyed last week.

    actually the zone is perpetually cursed.

    ReplyDelete