Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New header + Photos of Yesterday

OK! Looks like I was fretting over nothing. My problem solving skills are a little rusty, but I figured out a simple way to keep my header while not messing with the main text and sidebar widths.

I found yesterday's photos to be kind of uninspiring. I also overlooked a gem from previous days. So here are the "Photos of the Day" for yesterday.

May 24, 2009: Matt Palmer avoids a BEE

May 26, 2009: Nick Swisher spreads the love as storms brew above

May 26, 2009: Zack Greinke went nuts again yesterday. I really want photographers to catch these folks when Greinke has three strikeouts. Maybe they just wait for the fourth one and tack the third and fourth "K" at once.

EDIT
May 26, 2009: This picture was hiding in the wrong folder. Bartolo Colon pitched awesome last night despite being really fat and old. Amazing!

5 comments:

  1. That is a super mystical header, Kei. Well done and THANKS!!!!!! I love the way Papi looks as he prepares to head into the uncharted depths of the universe. He's like, "Yeah, my time has come. Goodnight y'all and peace over."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Jenni. That was when Papi got hit by a pitch and Joe described the look on Papi's face as being happy to get on base.

    While I'm at it:

    The squirrel was from a day out on CitiField early on in the season; Garza gave up a run or maybe even a homerun right before that photo was taken but he's still got a little creepy/scary grin going; and that picture of Miggy on top is of him avoiding being hit by a pitch, from last year.

    Credit should go to Mordecai for making those floating Swisher and Greinke heads more aesthetically pleasing (I don't know how to make things fade like that).

    Re: the selection of players, it was a tough decision but I mostly kept composition and balancing teams' players in mind. I also didn't want anyone with ugly faces/expressions or lame players. So it was a bit of a puzzle, but I finally got it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry been sleep on the blog
    and baseball in general
    never got around to looking up photos for last weeks beasts
    not positive ill make time for it this weekend either

    wasnt there a yankees squirel
    poley walnuts

    i think the fade started too high for greinke/swish
    but i guess you wont confuse them for severed heads
    im not a fan of the font either
    but thats just nitpicking

    i cant compose anything nearly as well put together as this
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can just put up a picture of Joe Mauer for last week's beasts and that'd be sufficient.

    The fade/gradient is a weird effect. Mordecai taught me over the phone for Nik's flyer, where I overused it to get rid of awkward edges. It makes little sense to me as I know it.

    It's hard to pick a font, I never realized since I had previous luck for the birthday bash (although I can't remember the name of it and Photoshop doesn't have previews so it'd take forever to figure it out by POE). I just looked up "scifi" fonts at dafont.com. It was either this, "Galant," or "GAMECUBEN," which I used for Nik's flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait was that squirrel always there?

    ReplyDelete